Monday 17 June 2013

INQUIRY

I am a 30yr old banker and I am also married. I want to apply for a B1/B2 visa but the thing is, I have been to Kuwait before in 2008 for my best friend’s daughter Christening which I was the god father of the baby. I have also been to South Africa and Dubai. I don’t know if my Kuwait experience would make the interviewer deny me the visa because of the Kuwait trip, sighting potential terrorist country, but I also learnt that US have good ties with the Kuwaitis. So please advise me as I believe previous travel experience will give you an edge. Also which is the best place to apply, Lagos or Abuja. Thank you. 

6 comments:

  1. Point of Correct, Kuwait isnt a terrorist country. Its a safe, secured and also has a great ties with US. You should be happy visiting it and its a plus on your travel experience. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Abuja is better,considering the serene environment and smiling faces of interviwers.Lagos interviwers have seen it all and they don't seem to be very friendly like their other colleagues in. Abuja.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abuja isn't any better as I experienced their nonchlant attitude towards applicants yesterday they are so young and believe they've got so much right to grant visas or not,all I'll advise u do is pray well n ask for God's favor,tho u'd av an edge with ur travel experience it all still boils down to God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abuja is simply the best and more organised

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think where you've been to will hamper your chances. Additionally, you don't necessarily have to have traveled to other countries before a US visa can be issued, but it sure helps. As regards to where, apply in Lagos, they don't often ask for bank statements, but the one in Abuja does.

    ReplyDelete
  6. with regards to travelling to other countries, it all depends on your purpose of visit. if the interviewer is interested in knowing he or she will ask what u went there for and how long u stayed etc etc. you went for a social/family event so that shouldnt count against you.

    ReplyDelete