Tuesday 21 May 2013

ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING



I applied for a US tourist visa in November 2012.

I got to the US Embassy in Lagos around 7:30. After going through the procedure before the interview proper, it was time to meet with my interviewer. I sat down waiting impatiently for my number to come up. There were 3 men and 2 women. I kept praying not to end up at the women's cubicles.
I met 3 of my ex school mates there and 2 of them got visas but the third did not. However, I continued to wait impatiently for my number. Eventually it came up it was at a male consular cubicle.


-He asked why I was going to the US and I said wanted to have my next holiday in New York City. Just to basically discover a new city, sight see, Shop etc.
-have you ever been to the US? Nope
-Have you ever traveled outside Nigeria? Yes
-where and where? England several times, Dubai a few times.
-how much I earn? I said it and I quickly added that I get bonuses from time to time since I'm a political appointee.
-how did you get such a job? Mum is related to persons in government in that state.
-where did you get your degree from? University of Lagos Nigerian law school.

In my DS160,I already wrote that I dint have any friends or family in the US and I just got a hotel reservation.
Then he went on his computer for a longtime...........................

Then he said please take your passport we would contact you. I was dazed!!!!! I thought the interview went well, he dint even ask to see my document. I asked if it was a refusal and he said no it isn't, we would contact you. Then he handed me a letter that had ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING boldly written on it. The letter basically meant that they still needed to investigate something’s about me.
I was scared and disappointed especially because I had never been refused a visa. I got on my computer and goggled it; I then realized that it was because my first and last names were Muslim names. They had to send it for clearance with some terrorist units.
About a month after I got a phone call from the Embassy to come and pick up my visa. I got 2 years multiple entries!

PS: I intend travelling next week. I have a slight issue, I don\'t want to go to New York anymore. I want to go to Maryland; I heard I might have issues with the Immigration @ the port of entry because of that. Can anyone shed more light on this for me please?

Kinks xxxx

10 comments:

  1. No, You are not going to have issues with any immigration officer at the port of entry. You have a US visa...you are entitled to visit any states in US regardless of the state you stated in your application. I did this several times back when i was in Nigeria and i never had a problem. i hope this helps. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They will ask you where you decide to stay at the port of entry. Just give them a valid address and you are good to go

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am going through a similar situation . i have been waiting for 8 months now and havnt been called back to the embassy. thesame situation u went tru, u were Lucky it took less time

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its great and informative story about visa and travel service, it's really help most of the people who to get the visa while you are planning to traveling.

    Denied Entry to USA From Canada

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went for Renewing AT the end of the Interview, she gave me white slip and Said to me I should submit Three bill of lading which I did .. on the tracking it showing Administrative processing...That scared m...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So did you end up getting the visa after the submit of the bill of lading?

      Delete
  6. It's great hearing this comments, I am preparing for my interview too.. I hope fire Gods favor and to come back and testify

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good evening. My name is Angel Richards. I had my immigrant Visa interview on 17th April 2019. After security checked I was called in for the interview. The officer asked how myself and my husband met, when we got married, why did I decide to get married to someone older than I am? I gave him all my reasons. He asked to see the pictures of us together and I gave him the pictures. After looking at the pictures the office requested for my husband's divorce papers. I gave him the divorce papers. The next thing he said I should show him my husband's prior marriage certificate. I was shocked cause until we finished with nvc, they never asked to see the prior marriage certificate. For that I didn't go to the interview with the marriage certificate. I only went with the divorce. So I told the office that sorry I didn't come with the marriage certificate because we didn't know they will request to see it. The next thing I hard was sorry I can't conclude on your case right now he handed a white paper with an instruction on how to submit the marriage certificate through the dhl in Victoria island Lagos. He also handed over my international passport to me. Now my husband has sent the prior marriage certificate through USA FedEx. The question I forgot to ask the officer that day was, am I to submit the requested document through the DHL along with my international passport? Or just the document alone? And please any idea how visa will be issued to me after they receive the additional document they asked me to submit? Is been two yrs now that I've not seen my husband. The loneliness is getting worse every second

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will surely give you the visa,once you provide them the additional document the consular asked you,I mean your marriage certificate,well for me,congratulations to you in advance, bec they will surely give you the visa ok

      Delete
  8. They will surely give you the visa,once you provide them the additional document the consular asked you,I mean your marriage certificate,well for me,congratulations to you in advance, bec they will surely give you the visa ok

    ReplyDelete